CCRM is a Canadian, federally incorporated, not-for-profit organization supporting the development of foundational technologies that accelerate the commercialization of stem cell- and biomaterials-based products and therapies.
Regenerative medicine-based therapies have the potential to transform medicine, with the promise to treat, manage and perhaps cure some of the most debilitating and costly diseases in the world today. However, many new potentially life-changing regenerative medicine-based treatments never reach patients because they are not successfully moved from the laboratory to the clinic.
Canadian scientific excellence in stem cells, bioengineering, and biomaterials combined with existing infrastructure positions CCRM to coordinate product development and commercialization in a capital-efficient manner.
- ENABLE unique translational platforms that address the key bottlenecks in regenerative medicine (RM) commercialization
- INTEGRATE Canada’s strength in stem cell and biomaterials sciences with dynamic business leadership
- ENGAGE industry partners, making CCRM a global nexus of RM commercialization
Product Development in Translational Platforms
- Cell Reprogramming and Engineering: patient- and disease-specific characterized and validated stem cell lines
- Cell Manufacturing: clinical and commercial quantities of stem cells and their functional progeny
- Biomaterials and Devices: tissue constructs for drug screening and transplantation
- Network of business and scientific leaders
- Product development team to augment academic expertise and facilities
- Industry consortium that reconciles technology push with market pull
Reasons to Work with CCRM
- For Industry: access to state-of-the-art discoveries, facilities and expertise
- For Academics: business leaders and corporate partners to accelerate commercialization
- For Investors: risk-management and capital-efficient product development
CCRM’s team combines extensive experience in company creation, academic excellence, and seasoned professionals sourced from industry. Members of CCRM’s Strategic Advisory Board (SAB) are shared with the Ontario Institute for Regenerative Medicine and represent international scientific excellence in stem cell biology and regenerative medicine.
Download the PDF version here.