Our research and development (R&D) team is comprised of over 40 scientists and engineers with more than 300 years of R&D experience and more than 400 peer-reviewed publications. Broad expertise in regenerative medicine, and particular strength in cell and gene therapy, allows us to offer a comprehensive solution from the benchtop to commercially-ready manufacturing solutions.
CCRM employs a collaborative and iterative approach to identifying client needs and developing solutions tailored to those needs. Customers retain rights to their intellectual property (IP) and receive full technology transfer of the processes and assays developed while working with CCRM.
A focus of CCRM’s R&D team is the Centre for Advanced Therapeutic Cell Technologies (CATCT). CATCT is an advanced manufacturing facility that is addressing challenges in cell and gene therapy production. GE Healthcare, the anchor partner of CATCT, has committed $20 million to the project, which was matched with $20 million from the Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario (FedDev Ontario).
Our state-of-the-art process development suite is fully outfitted for cell and gene therapy workflows.
- We have over 50 bioreactors spanning 15 mL to 50 L, including Xuri rocking wave reactors, 10 L and 50 L XDR stirred tank reactors, 24 DASBox reactors, and an ambr15 system for robust design of experiment (DOE) development.
- Multiple rocking-motion and stirred-tank bioreactors are available in various configurations, with the capability to operate at culture volumes up to 200 L
- We possess cutting-edge equipment for cell processing and analytics, such as the GE Sefia and Sepax II, in-line sensors, TFF and acoustic filtration systems, advanced automated liquid handling and tissue culture robots, powerful LCMS capabilities and polychromatic flow cytometers.
Contact us to learn about our novel and cost-effective solutions in:
- Cell and vector process development and optimization for commercial manufacturing
- Process scale-up and scale-out, closure and automation
- Media formulation and development
- Genome editing
- Pluripotent stem cells
- Cell-based immunotherapies
Please visit our Facilities page to learn more about our Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) facility.