CCRM is a not-for-profit, public-private consortium supporting the development of foundational technologies that accelerate the commercialization of cell and gene therapies, and regenerative medicine technologies.
Cell and gene therapies, and regenerative medicine-based products and therapies have the potential to transform health care, with the promise to treat, manage and perhaps cure some of the most debilitating and costly diseases in the world today. However, many new potentially life-changing cell, gene and regenerative medicine-based treatments never reach patients because they are not successfully moved from the laboratory to the clinic.
Canadian scientific excellence in stem cells, bioengineering and biomaterials combined with existing infrastructure positions CCRM to coordinate product development and commercialization in a capital-efficient manner.
- Proprietary Development: CCRM identifies, supports and de-risks promising new technologies and companies, enhancing deal flow
- Stakeholder Engagement: CCRM provides contract and consulting services to academic researchers, industry and investors, enhancing the capabilities and reputation of the ecosystem
- Investment: CCRM invests in opportunities, building sustainability for CCRM and the ecosystem
From Concept to Market
- ATTRACT: business, regulatory and IP services with commercialization and technology expertise
- LAUNCH: technology evaluation and development, supporting company conception, incubation and launch
- ADVANCE: cell reprogramming and engineering, technology translation and protocol development
- BRIDGE: pre-clinical to commercially-ready cell and gene therapy process optimization and scale-up within the Centre for Advanced Therapeutic Cell Technologies (CATCT)
- DELIVER: GMP cell and gene therapy manufacturing, operational in October 2018
- SCALE: market assessments and diligence, financing, investor engagement and portfolio management
- Network of business and scientific leaders
- Product development team to augment academic expertise and facilities
- Industry consortium that reconciles technology push with market pull
Reasons to Work with CCRM
- For Industry: access to state-of-the-art discoveries, facilities and expertise
- For Academics: business leaders and corporate partners to accelerate commercialization
- For Investors: risk-mitigated and capital-efficient product development
Our team combines extensive experience in company creation, academic excellence and seasoned professionals sourced from industry. Members of CCRM’s Strategic Advisory Board are shared with the Ontario Institute for Regenerative Medicine and represent international scientific excellence in stem cell biology and regenerative medicine.